Vigne Verginianae Aglianico, Campania
- Aromas of dark cherry, ripe red berries and spicy pepper.
- Puglia, Calabria & Campania
- Alcohol %:
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Other Info:
- The maceration of the grapes, at 24-25°C, does not exceed 7 days in order to obtain an excellent extraction of colour without creating a heavy tannic structure. The wine also maintaining good aromatic freshness as it sees because of ageing shared in wood and stainless steel tanks.
The powerful nose displays aromas of dark cherry, ripe red berries and spicy pepper. The palate has more dark cherry with a hint of dried prunes and cacao. The finish has soft round toasty characters.
- 2010: Best Value - The New Times, online, Jun 2013
2010: The International Wine Challenge 2012 - bronze
2009: 88+ points - The Wine Advocate, Jun 2011: "A gorgeous wine, expecially for the money"
2009: 90 points - Tanzer's International Wine Cellar, Mar/Apr 2011
2008: 90 points - The Wine Advocate, Aug 2010
2007: 87 points - The Wine Advocate, Robert Parker, April 2009
2007: The International Wine Challenge 2009 - bronze
2007: Decanter World Wine Awards 2009 - bronze
2006: Wine Spectator Wine Pick of the Day, Jun 10th, 2008
2006: Vinitaly 2008, Concorso Enologico Internazionale - commended
2005: Wine Spectator Wine Pick of the Day, Jan 8th, 2008
2005: Decanter World Wine Awards 2007 - bronze
2004: The International Wine Challenge 2006 - silver
- Bronze Medal Winner International Wine Challenge 2009
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review
- Food match:
It accompanies traditional Mediterranean dishes including sliced meats, soups and pasta dishes, lasagna, white meats and light main courses.
- Food recipe: