Taittinger NV Nocturne Sec, Champagne
- Pinot Noir,Pinot Meunier,Chardonnay
- Just a hint of sweetness makes this a perfect after dinner Champagne
- Alcohol %:
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Other Info:
- Taittinger is one of the last great Champagne Houses to remain independent and is owned and actively managed by the family named on the label who are guardians of Taittinger's style quality and integrity. The hallmark of their fine Champagnes is the high proportion of Chardonnay used in their winemaking which is key, in the Champagne region, for producing wines of great elegance and finesse. Additionally, with its vineyard ownership of 288 ha (one of the largest in Champagne), Taittinger can guarantee a flawless consistency and quality not only of their NV, but across their whole range.
A sweeter style of Champagne that is pale yellow in colour with the bubbles forming a delicate ring of fine foam. The subtle and delicate bouquet reveals the delightful aromas of yellow peaches and dried apricots. The palate entry is smooth and creamy, yet very crisp. The palate itself gives way to flavours of raisins and fruits in syrup. A mature, rich and round wine, Nocturne is also exceptionally smooth and creamy.
- ''A lovely nose of elderflower, red apple and redcurrant, with some sweet pastry hints and sweet spice, and great balance with the sweetness on an alluring bright palate. Very much a food wine.' Angela Reddin, team leader. 'Candied citrus and fresh apricot on the nose, a delicate mousse and a clean finish make this a good match for lemon tart.' Filippo Pastorini, consultant.' - Sommelier Wine Awards
"Taittinger Nocturne is a "Sec" Champagne composed of Chardonnay (40%) and Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier (60%). Blended from around thir ty different vineyards from various vintages, this wine is laid down for four years to age before being disgorged. A 17.5g/l dosage of sugar cane combinedwith the slow cellar-ageing create a round and smooth Champagne that is perfect to enjoy late in the evening" - Tom Stevenson - Champagne Journalist.
- Gold List - Sommelier Wine Awards
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review
- Food match:
Taittinger Nocturne is a champagne to be enjoyed at the end of an evening. It is the perfect accompaniment to dessert or foie gras on gingerbread.
- Food recipe: