Susana Esteban Aventura Tinto
- Touriga Nacional,Aragonez
- Black cherry, blackberry, juicy ripe blueberries - warm ripe plum character with roasted herbs.
- Alentejo, Algarve, Tejo & Lisboa
- Alcohol %:
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Other Info:
- At the end of 2009 Susana Esteban decided to establish herself as a wine producer starting her personnel project. She decided to make wines full of character in a slightly different style of the Alentejo traditional way. For two years she looked around all of the Alentejo for the perfect vineyards to set her wines. She had to wait until 2011 to finally discover the two small vineyards that set the foundation for her first two wines. One of the vineyards is based in Évora and is set up mainly with Alicante Bouschet providing very small yields. In Portalegre, up in the mountains of São Mamede she found an old mixed planting of several different varieties, again with very small yields, that provide an amazing complexity and freshness. In 2012, after finding a few more scattered vineyards across the north and centre of Alentejo, she started making 'Aventura' (Adventure), two unoaked, handmade characterful wines, one white and one red. These are sourced from a field blend of grapes from the same vineyard with another vineyard located in Estremoz where Arinto is the main variety. Critically acclaimed, the wines from this producer are a perfect showcase of one of the new generation of winemakers, nudging the old guard respectively out of the way and setting up camp making exquisite wines.
"Dark cherry colour with slightly pink edge. The nose displays hints of spice and clean green leafy fruit. On the palate there's slightly unfocussed but pleasing fruit as a result of the blend with some green but not unripe notes. Pleasing soft fruit is present with good taught acidity that firms the blend up and holds the fruit together. Nice overall firm structure with medium strength, semi hard tannins on the end that, along with good clean acidity drive the medium long finish. Nice wine" - Theo Sloot, The Oxford Wine Company.
- "Black cherry nose, with blackberry, juicy ripe blueberries - warm ripe plum character (freshly picked when the skins are warmed from the sun), and clove spice. On the palate - dry and spicy: roasted herbs, dry crust pastry - cooked almonds. Medium body, medium mature tannin (more at the back of the palate), medium to long length" - Paris Barghchi, The Oxford Wine Company.
- Susana Esteban - Best Winemaker of the Year Award - Revista dos Vinhos
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review
- Food match:
Perfect with white meats marinated in lemon and olive oil.
- Food recipe: