Susana Esteban Aventura Branco
- Lime zest and spice with hints of lavender and peach.
- Alentejo, Algarve, Tejo & Lisboa
- Alcohol %:
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Other Info:
- At the end of 2009 Susana Esteban decided to establish herself as a wine producer starting her personnel project. She decided to make wines full of character in a slightly different style of the Alentejo traditional way. For two years she looked around all of the Alentejo for the perfect vineyards to set her wines. She had to wait until 2011 to finally discover the two small vineyards that set the foundation for her first two wines. One of the vineyards is based in Évora and is set up mainly with Alicante Bouschet providing very small yields. In Portalegre, up in the mountains of São Mamede she found an old mixed planting of several different varieties, again with very small yields, that provide an amazing complexity and freshness. In 2012, after finding a few more scattered vineyards across the north and centre of Alentejo, she started making 'Aventura' (Adventure), two unoaked, handmade characterful wines, one white and one red. These are sourced from a field blend of grapes from the same vineyard with another vineyard located in Estremoz where Arinto is the main variety. Critically acclaimed, the wines from this producer are a perfect showcase of one of the new generation of winemakers, nudging the old guard respectively out of the way and setting up camp making exquisite wines.
"From a 30 year old vineyard in Serra de São Mamede this characterful wine is made with a blend of indigenous Portuguese grapes consisting of Viosinho, Arinto and Roupeiro. Light straw colour with greenish hints, green fruit nose followed by medium ripe fruit, lime zest and spice with hints of lavender and peach that together with clean fresh acidity, provides good overall balance and structure to the wine. Bold and fresh, with a well-defined mineral finish" - Theo Sloot, The Oxford Wine Company.
- "This bold new winemaker has something to prove - and she's making quite a name for herself" - Sarah Ahmed, The Wine Detective.
- Susana Esteban - Best Winemaker of the Year Award - Revista dos Vinhos
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review
- Food match:
Summer salads flavoured with lime or lemon.
- Food recipe: