Ridge Vineyards, Geyserville, Alexander Valley, Sonoma County, California
- Zinfandel,Petite Sirah,Carignan,Alicante Bouschet
- Multi-dimensional with fresh, intense bramble fruit, gravelly depth and a lingering finish
- Alcohol %:
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Other Info:
- Ridge Vineyards makes wines that compete in terms of quality and desirability with Bordeaux First Growths and Grand Cru White Burgundies. Winemaker Paul Draper has crafted 43 vintages at Ridge and his practical, hands-off approach to winemaking has resulted in an exceptional and highly sought-after range of wines.
Although a vineyard was first planted near the top of Monte Bello Ridge in the Santa Cruz Mountains in 1885, it lay abandoned until four Stanford Research Institute engineers bought it in 1959. Ridge Vineyards was formed in 1962 and Paul Draper was appointed as winemaker in 1969. After stunning the world by their triumph in the 1976 Judgement of Paris tasting, Ridge Vineyards shot to fame and gained cult status almost overnight. Since then, Ridge has concentrated on producing fine Bordeaux blends and Chardonnays from Monte Bello's exalted terroir as well as renowned Zinfandels from the Lytton Springs and Geyserville vineyards in Sonoma County.Ridge practice sustainable viticulture, and are on their way to organic certification. Ridge practice sustainable viticulture, and are on their way to organic certification.
Multi-dimensional, elegant and complex with notes of blackberry jam, candied fruit, and a touch of menthol. Precise tannins, a deeply seductive palate and lingering finish.
- 'A classic 2014, the downright sexy, hedonistic and ready to go 2014 Geyserville Proprietary Red Wine (60% Zinfandel, 24% Carignan, 12% Petite Sirah and 4% Mourvedre) is medium to full bodied, perfectly balanced and loaded with notions of blackberries, plums, brambly herbs, licorice and spice. It's relatively soft and already approachable, but it will nevertheless keep through 2024' 93 Points. Jeb Dunnock, The Wine Advocate, August 2016
- Gold Medal - The TEXSOM International Wine Awards
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review
- Food match:
Lamb stews and grilled lamb chops.
- Food recipe: