Quinta de La Rosa Tinto, Douro
- Touriga Nacional,Tempranillo
- Sweet cassis and cherry fruit alongside savoury spicy liquorice and leather.
- Douro & Beira
- Alcohol %:
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Other Info:
- The Bergqvist family have been making port since 1815. Quinta de la Rosa was given as a christening present for Claire Feuheerd, Sophia Bergqvists grandmother in 1906. The family port shipping company, Feuheerd, was sold in the 1930s but La Rosa was kept and run by Claire. In 1988 Sophia and her father, Tim, decided to restart the family business and launched Quinta de la Rosa as a top quality port producer onto the market place. Starting in the 1990s, the Bergqvist family were one of the pioneers in taking red table wine production in the Douro region seriously. Quinta de la Rosas wine has won many accolades in the press and is sold in many prestigious restaurants and wine stores around the world. The arrival of winemaker Jorge Moreira in 2002 has further improved the quality of the winemaking at La Rosa and their 55 hectares are now used to produce top notch port and table wine in a ratio of 2:1.
Quinta de la Rosa practice a sustainable agricultural regime being part of ADVID & SATIVA. They don't use genetically modified organisms nor do they use animal products so vegetarians can drink their wines. They recycle where possible and are HACCP & BRC rated.
Made from vines (Tinta Roriz, Tinta Barroca, Touriga Francesca) wholly grown on the estate but deemed too young to be made into Port, the winemaker gets the most from these hand-picked grapes making a big, rich red with just a touch of oak. This has sweet cassis and cherry fruit alongside savoury spicy liquorice and leather.
- 'A red wine for everyone, this Portuguese bottle is smooth, full-bodied, fresh, and balanced. This is the perfect Netflix-and-chill wine.' - Vinepair
- Decanter Magazine Top 50 Value World Reds.
Vinepair Top 50 Wines of 2017
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review
- Food match:
Great with rustic, griddled, herby lamb dishes.
- Food recipe: