Nyetimber Rosé, Sussex
- Pinot Noir,Pinot Meunier,Chardonnay
- The nose is filled with mango, oriental spices and a touch of honey.
- Alcohol %:
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Organic/Bio Status:
- Vegan & Vegetarian
- Other Info:
- Nyetimber was planted by Americans Stuart and Sandy Moss in 1988, and since then, English sparkling wine production has never looked back. The couple were looking for a site that could rival Champagne, and they found it in the heart of West Sussex. Their vineyards have soil very similar to the Champagne region (predominantly chalk), and, believe it or not, the climate isnt massively different!
Made from the same grapes as Champagne (Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier), Nyetimber is also made in exactly the same way. Now covering a staggering 438 acres, Nyetimber is the only UK sparkling wine producer that uses only estate grown fruit, thus maintaining maximum quality control from vineyard to bottle. Today, Nyetimber leads the way in an area that is reaching global appreciation. Who said the English can't make wine?
The nose is filled with mango, oriental spices and a touch of honey.The palate is intense but also well rounded with a creamy mousse. Red berries, cherry, liquorice and currants all come into play here and linger on the long and satisfying finish.
- 'West Chiltington is mentioned in the Domesday Book, but it is the more recent history of this West Sussex vineyard that has excited sparkling wine enthusiasts. Using the holy trinity of sparkling wine grapes - chardonnay, pinot noir and pinot meunier - the estate has produced some outstanding wines including this rose that's bursting with raspberry and red fruit flavours. A blend of pinot noir (52 per cent) and chardonnay (48 per cent)' John Clarke, The Independent
"As she accepted the coverted accolade of 'Sparkling Winemaker of the Year 2018' at the International Wine Challenge, Cherie Spriggs made history: not only was it the first time a winemaker outside France's Champagne region has won the industry Oscar, it was the first time it has been awarded to a woman"- Jo Foley, Daily Mail.
- Silver Medal - International Wine Challenge.
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review