Nyetimber Classic CuvÃ©e, 150cl, Sussex
- Pinot Noir,Chardonnay
- A forward yet stylish, leesy, yeasty nose, with some lemony citrus notes.
- Alcohol %:
- Vintage & Prestige CuvÃ©e
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Organic/Bio Status:
- Vegan & Vegetarian
- Other Info:
- Nyetimber was planted by Americans Stuart and Sandy Moss in 1988, and since then, English sparkling wine production has never looked back. The couple were looking for a site that could rival Champagne, and they found it in the heart of West Sussex. Their vineyards have soil very similar to the Champagne region (predominantly chalk), and, believe it or not, the climate isnÂ’t massively different! Made from the same grapes as Champagne (Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier), Nyetimber is also made in exactly the same way. Now covering a staggering 438 acres, Nyetimber is the only UK sparkling wine producer that uses only estate grown fruit, thus maintaining maximum quality control from vineyard to bottle. Today, Nyetimber leads the way in an area that is reaching global appreciation. Who said the English canÂ’t make wine?
A forward yet stylish, leesy, yeasty nose, with some lemony citrus notes. Also very yeasty on the palate, from the first taste right through to the finish. A creamy texture, with a clean lemon-citrus acidity and finish. A fine and soft mousse. The structure of this wine belies a good amount of time on the lees and it also has bottle complexity. Tasted completely blind you would mark this down as a good aged NV Champagne.
- "As she accepted the coverted accolade of 'Sparkling Winemaker of the Year 2018' at the International Wine Challenge, Cherie Spriggs made history: not only was it the first time a winemaker outside France's Champagne region has won the industry Oscar, it was the first time it has been awarded to a woman"- Jo Foley, Daily Mail.
"For the record, Nyetimber's Classic Cuvee, its regular bottling, is nowadays a non-vintage blend rather than a vintage-dated wine, also in the image of a Champagne house, and is stonkingly good" - Jancis Robinson MW, Financial Times
"Splash out on this gorgeous, creamy, yet tangy, buttered lemon brioche bubbly. It's the best yet." - Jane MacQuitty, The Times
"Nyetimber is where the great English wine boom all began in the mid-1980s, when the classic Champagne trinity of Chardonnay, Pinot Meunier and Pinot Noir vines were planted. Produced by Cherie Spriggs and Brad Greatrix, this market leader has first-class flavour" - Will Lyons, The Times.
- Gold Medal (Magnum) - International Wine Challenge
Gold Medal - International Wine & Spirit Competition
Silver Medal - Decanter World Wine Awards
Silver Medal - International Wine Challenge
Silver Medal - Champagne and Sparkling Wine World Championships.
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review
- Food match:
- Food recipe: