Nyetimber 1086, Vintage 2009
- Pinot Noir,Pinot Meunier,Chardonnay
- This superbly complex wine is silky and elegant with a pure crystalline backbone.
- Vintage & Prestige Cuvée
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Organic/Bio Status:
- Vegan & Vegetarian
- Other Info:
- Nyetimber was planted by Americans Stuart and Sandy Moss in 1988, and since then, English sparkling wine production has never looked back. The couple were looking for a site that could rival Champagne, and they found it in the heart of West Sussex. Their vineyards have soil very similar to the Champagne region (predominantly chalk), and, believe it or not, the climate isnt massively different!
Made from the same grapes as Champagne (Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier), Nyetimber is also made in exactly the same way. Now covering a staggering 438 acres, Nyetimber is the only UK sparkling wine producer that uses only estate grown fruit, thus maintaining maximum quality control from vineyard to bottle. Today, Nyetimber leads the way in an area that is reaching global appreciation. Who said the English can't make wine?
Nyetimber 1086 is a selection of the best wines made by Nyetimber in a given vintage, and will only be produced in exceptional years. The 1086 Cuvees are characterised by thier balance, acidity, length and texture, with these qualities combining seamlessly on the palate. 1086 was named to honour the year the vineyard's estate was first mentioned in the Domesday book.
This superbly complex wine is silky and elegant with a pure crystalline backbone, evoking floral, cassis and red fruit aromas. Wonderful progression, with great tension between fruit and structure and a long and persistent finish.
- "As she accepted the coverted accolade of 'Sparkling Winemaker of the Year 2018' at the International Wine Challenge, Cherie Spriggs made history: not only was it the first time a winemaker outside France's Champagne region has won the industry Oscar, it was the first time it has been awarded to a woman"- Jo Foley, Daily Mail.
"Launched in September to much fanfare, England's priciest sparkling wine, comprising 46% Chardonnay, 43% Pinot Noir and 11% Pinot Meunier, has a rich aroma and enticing toasty nuttiness. A trace of honey on the palate gives way to lingering acidity in the finish." - Will Lyons, The Times
- Trophy (English Sparkling Classic Blend) - International Wine Challenge.
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review
- Food match:
Try this classic English sparkling wine with seafood or merely accompanied by wheat biscuits.Gorgeous!
- Food recipe: