Skip navigation

Orders: 01865 301144

Shopping Basket

Close basket

Your basket is empty.

Monferrato Avamposti Slarina, Azienda Agricola Il Cascinone

Monferrato Avamposti Slarina, Azienda Agricola Il Cascinone

£13.99

Download

Video

Description:
Made of the Slarina grape, native to Piemonte, showing ripe red cherry notes with a herbaceous finish
Origin:
Piedmont
Vintage:
2019
Alcohol %:
14.5
Colour:
Red
Country:
Italy
Group:
Italy
Bottle Size:
75cl
Closure:
Cork
Wine Code:
0954
Organic/Bio Status:
Vegan & Vegetarian

This seldom found grape from Italy's Piemonte region makes a real hidden gem of a red wine

The Slarina grape is native to the Monferrato region towards the east of Piemonte in north west Italy

Produced by Tenuta Il Cascinone where the grapes are grown over just 0.5 hectares of land

After hand harvesting, 5% of the grapes are kept back to concentrate for 15 days before joining the other 95% in fermentation

The nose displays notes of Cherry Bakewell, blueberry pie and a touch of vanilla as well as leafy notes not unlike you'd find in a Cab Franc

The palate is dry with notes of sour cherry, redcurrant, cherry pips, black plum, black pepper and cinnamon

Customer Reviews

There are no currently no reviews for this product.

You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review