Louis Roederer Brut Premier, Champagne
- Pinot Noir,Pinot Meunier,Chardonnay
- Rich and soft style Champagne with great elegance and finesse .
- Alcohol %:
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Other Info:
- Roederer is one of the largest remaining independent Champagne Houses, owned by the same family since it was founded in 1776. In the period 1832 to 1870, under the direction of Louis Roederer, the house gained top ranking worldwide with sales of 2,500,000 bottles (10% of ChampagneÂ’s total production), including 390,000 bottles in the United States and 660,000 bottles in Russia where Louis Roederer champagne was an outstanding success. In 1876, Louis Roederer II created the Cristal Cuvée for Tsar Alexander II who nominated Louis Roederer as the official supplier to the Imperial Court of Russia in 1909. RoedererÂ’s wines are always rich, elegant and well rounded.
40% Pinot noir - 40% Chardonnay - 20% Pinot Meunier - 5% of wines are matured in oak casks with weekly batonnage - 10% of reserve wines are matured in casks. Partial malolactic fermentation. Brut Premier uses all 3 Champagne grape varieties from more than 40 diff erent plots. The wine is an assemblage of 6 years of harvesting, a part of which comes from the Louis Roederer reserve wine collection, matured in oak casks for several years. It is matured for 3 years in the cellar and rested for 6 months after disgorgement to perfect maturity. Dosage of between 10 and 11 g/l is adapted to each vintage.
- 'A swanky big-name champagne, with gorgeous, racy, yet rich, honeyed, biscuity fruit.' - Jane MacQuitty, The Times, March 2018
- Silver Award - Champagne and Sparkling Wine World Championships 2018
Gold Medal and Non-Vintage Trophy - Decanter World Wine Awards 2013
Bronze Medal - International Wine Challenge 2011
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review
- Food match:
Shellfish with honey and brioche or foie gras terrine.
- Food recipe: