Granito Red Blend, Bouchon
- Carmenère (Cabernet Gernischt),Cabernet Sauvignon
- Rich purple colour, dark berry fruit with liquorice and warm spice - a fresh youthful style but very approacha
- Maule Valley
- Alcohol %:
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Other Info:
- The traditional Bouchon winery is a simple construction of adobe walls and clay floor dating from the beginning of the twentieth century. They use high quality French oak barrels of 225 litres and French oak fudres of 2,500 litres as well as clay amphorae. In addition, they also use antique 18.500-litre cement tanks, which allow them to vinify separately their best red grapes. For working separately, our stainless-steel tanks have temperature controlled jackets which ensure a cool, slow fermentation.
Rich purple colour, dark berry fruit with liquorice and warm spice, fresh youthful style but very approachable and a good complex finish. Granito is made from old vines with deep roots. It's minerality is expressed in the bottle. This blend is from Mingre estate, Maule's Dry coastal area, 45Km from the Pacific Ocean and 193 meters above sea level. It is product of old vines, which did not receive any irrigation. It is hand harvested at the end of March. Fermentation takes place in old concrete tanks and then the wine is aged in oak for 18 months.
- "Undoubtedly one of Maule's best kept secrets, Bouchon's Granito Red Blend is outstanding." - Theo Sloot, The Oxford Wine Company.
- Silver Medal - J. Bouchon, Granito Red Blend DECANTER World Wine Awards
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review
- Food match:
Roast turkey, lamb, pork, grilled mushrooms and roast peppers.
- Food recipe:
Roasted chicken, slow cooked pork and other white meats go perfectly with this superb wine.