Furleigh Estate Classic, Dorset
- Pinot Noir,Pinot Meunier,Chardonnay
- Rich style with gently yeasty notes of biscuits and toast.
- Alcohol %:
- Vintage & Prestige Cuvée
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Furleigh Estate
- Other Info:
- Furleigh Estate is 85 acres of vineyard, lakes and grazing land surrounded by woodland. The area is teaming with wildlife; buzzards fly overhead; deer, pheasants and partridge roam the vineyard, while heron fish regularly from the lakes to which our resident geese return each Spring.Four years of careful planning and investment has transformed the former dairy farm into a modern and productive vineyard and winery. Over 22,000 vines grow on the south facing slopes of the Estate. 15,000 of these are Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meurnier used to produce our classic quality sparkling wines. Bacchus and Rondo are also grown to produce fine still wines. A 5,000 square foot winery was built in 2007. This now accommodates a specialist pneumatic press, designed to carry out the very gentle whole bunch pressing required for quality sparkling wines. Temperature controlled stainless steel tanks from Italy and Germany, oak barrels from Cognac and riddling and dosage machinery from Epernay in France complete the major equipment.
Rich style with gently yeasty notes of biscuits and toast. The creamy palate has a soft mousse and is packed with citrus and orchard fruit flavours all finely balanced by a clean acidity.
- 'A delicious, richly fruited, black grape dominated bubbly, with a dollop of chardonnay.' - Jane MacQuitty, The Times, July 2018
'Wonderful and complex bouquet with open, fleshy fruit aromas. Excellent balance, with concentrated citrus and refreshing acidity. A real star performer' - Decanter, July 2016
"Rich and apple-bitey..." Anthony Rose, The Independent July 2014.
- IWC 2013 English Sparkling Wine Trophy
Gold Medal and Trophy for best sparkling wine in UK Vineyards Wine of the Year Competition 2013 & 2012
Gold Medal: Sommelier Wine Awards 2012
Trophy in South West Vineyards Association 2011 annual competition.
Silver medal winner in the Effervescents du Monde 2011.
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review
- Food match:
Lovely with chicken - even better if the chicken is fried!
- Food recipe: