Domaine de Maubet Sauvignon/Colombard, Côtes de Gascogne
- Ugni Blanc(Trebbiano),Gros Manseng,Colombard
- A delightfully fruity dry white from traditional Gascony grape varieties
- Alcohol %:
- French Country
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Other Info:
- The Domaine de Maubet was originally a general purpose farm which had been given as a marriage gift to Esilda and Maximen Fontan. Their descendants have continued to practice general farming (maize, cereals, livestock farming, wine growing) until the 1980's. In 1985, Aline and Jean Claude Fontan decided to make the Domaine a property producing exclusively wine. The first bottles of wine for marketing vins de Pays des Côtes de Gascognes Domain de Maubet was made in 1987. The first bottling plant was bought in 1992. Since 2000, respect to the environment and the traceability are the new commitments of the Family Fontan. Today, the vineyard covers 70 hectares situated between Noulens, where the main farm is, and Vic Fezensac.
This blend of Ugni Blanc, Colombard, Gros Manseng and Sauvignon Blanc is a crisp ultra clean white that has mouthwatering flavours of apple, citrus and even a hint of gooseberry.
- 'Plenty of pungent fruit and Gascon freshness' - The Wine Merchant Top 100 2018
- Highly Commended in The Wine Merchant Top 100 2018
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review
- Food match:
Great with fish or seafood, but light enough to be an excellent choice for an aperitif.
- Food recipe: