Châteauneuf-du-Pape Rouge, Château de la Gardine
- Syrah(Shiraz),Mourvèdre (Mataro),Grenache(Garnacha)
- Generous and ripe with black fruit, exotic spice, roasted coffee and cocoa
- Southern Rhône
- Alcohol %:
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Other Info:
- Since purchasing the estate with its original 10 hectares of vines, the Brunel family has managed to grow the vineyards into their current 52 hectare size today. Currently, Chateau de la Gardine is managed by Marie-Odile Brunel. While most estates in Chateauneuf du Pape have vines spread out over the appellation, that is not the case with Chateau de la Gardine as most of their vineyards are next to each other in the north-west section of the appellation. The 52 hectare vineyard of Chateau de la Gardine has a terroir of gravel, loam, limestone and pebble soil. The oldest vines were planted in 1925 and 4 hectares are reserved for the white wine. The wines of Chateau de la Gardine are aged in a combination of small, French oak barrels and foudres.
Generous and ripe with black fruit, exotic spice, roasted coffee and cocoa. A perfume of violet drifts over the rich palate, adding elegance and finesse.
- "Another top class effort from Chateau de la Gardine. Their Chateauneuf du Pape is a mix 60% Grenache, 20% Mourvedre, 15% Syrah, and 5% Muscardin and shows deep, smokey and roasted fruit." - John Livingstone-Learmonth, Wine Jounalist & Author.
- Best in Class - Concours General Paris Awards.
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review
- Food match:
The perfect wine to drink alongside a Provencal beef stew.
- Food recipe: