Château Musar, Bekka Valley
- Cinsault,Carignan,Cabernet Sauvignon
- Dense and rich fruit from this Lebanese legend!
- Alcohol %:
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Other Info:
- Château Musar was established by Gaston Hochar in 1930 and is without doubt Lebanon's most well known wine estate. Few properties have consistently produced such high quality wines in the face of adversity and war, and it is a testament to the sheer will and determination of the Hochars that wine has been produced every single year, bar 1976 and 1984.
The property is located in Ghazir, 15 miles north of Beirut overlooking the Mediterranean, whereas the vineyards themselves are located a long and sometimes dangerous truck journey over the mountains to the east of Beirut in the Beqaa (aka Bekaa) Valley. The vineyards benefit from an altitude of around 1000 metres and the subsequent cool nights serve to lengthen the crucial ripening process.
The red is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Carignan and Cinsault. Serge Hochar, who has been involved with the property since 1959, states that the Cabernet Sauvignon provides "the bones and the skeleton to the wine, the Carignan the flesh and muscle and the Cinsault the silky smooth finesse".
Musar wines are unique in that Hochar blends the varietals only after they have spent three years in barrels and then waits a further four years before releasing the end result. This gives time for each variety to unfold its own character.
Intense, with plums, damsons, cranberries, cherries, figs and dates. The style is emphatically Lebanese: enticingly aromatic, with persistent fruit flavours
- "Serge Hochar's joie de vivre is found in between the notes and fragrances of Lebanon's berries, scents of Bekaa's mineral-rich soils and hints of fig and honey" - Jean-Marc Quarin, French Wine Journalist.
- Silver Medal - The TEXSOM International Wine Awards
Silver Medal - International Wine Challenge
Bronze Medal - Decanter World Wine Awards
Bronze Medal - International Wine & Spirit Competition
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review
- Food match:
This wine should be allowed to breathe for several hours and served at 18°C with roasts, grills (especially lamb), casseroles, game, and mature cheeses.
- Food recipe: