Château Haut Bergey, Pessac Leognan
- Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon
- Enticing notes of blackberry, leather, and cigar box with a touch of spice
- Alcohol %:
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Other Info:
- The origins of Château Haut-Bergey, date back to the 15th Century. Today, the vineyard is comprised of 40 hectares, located in the heart of Léognan, center of the Graves and Pessac Léognan Appellations. In 1991, Sylviane Garcin-Cathiard and her husband Gaston took over the domain to modernize it and develop the business. 20 years later, their son Paul Garcin, helped by his team turned the vineyards into organic and biodynamic farming.
Haut-Bergey owns 38ha of red vines and 2ha of white vines. The Domaine is on extremely complex soil that enables the production of great wines - red, white or rosé. Chateau Haut-Bergey's red wine comes from 37 hectares of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot and Malbec, the percentages being 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Merlot,10% Cabernet Franc, 5% Petit Verdot & Malbec.
Lovely mature Bordeaux that's sort and mellow from bottle age. Ripe and surprisingly rich for Bordeaux, showing black fruits and cedar whilst developing into a long, aromatic finish.
- "A great effort from Haut-Bergey showing nicely ripe fruit and a sustained finish" - James Suckling.
- Bronze Medal - International Wine Challenge
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review
- Food match:
Game, rich red meats.
- Food recipe: