Champagne Deutz Brut Classic
- Pinot Noir,Pinot Meunier,Chardonnay
- A fine and elegant nose of acacia, apples and brioche with silky complexity.
- Alcohol %:
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Other Info:
- A blend of the three traditional Champagne varieties that shows the freshness of Chardonnay, the finesse of Pinot Noir and the up front fruitiness of Pinot Meunier. For some years Deutz has employed a policy of sustainable viticulture, cutting down on the use of chemicals, reducing yields and increasing grape quality.
A fine and elegant nose of acacia, apples and brioche leads to a palate that is silky and complex. A fine mousse supports flavours of orchard fruit, fresh berries and hints of biscuit. Long, rich and delicious.
- '90 Points. There is 35% of reserve wines in this cuvée, and a dosage of 9g/l. Quite a developed yeastiness, with lots of russet apple, nutty and juiciness, but then white flower and nettle. Very delicate, a gentle mousse, with lovely orangey acidity and fruit freshness, very crisp and tapering. Whilst dry, not austere.' - Tom Cannavan, The Buyer, May 2018
'Well known to the French, we could be seeing more of this fine, racy champagne in Britain as production has increased dramatically in recent years. The quality is still high and I enjoy its delicate, crisp and light character.' - Will Lyons, The Times, November 2017
- Silver medal - Decanter awards 2020
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review
- Food match:
Serve this Champagne as an aperitif, with the classic accompaniment of gougeres (puffy cheesy pastry bites to you and me!)
- Food recipe: