Boschkloof Conclusion, Stellenbosch
- Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Cabernet Franc
- Aromas of mixed herbs, plum and some lovely cigar box flavours.
- Alcohol %:
- South Africa
- South Africa
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Other Info:
- Boschkloof was purchased in 1995 and named after the natural ravine or 'kloof' on the farm. The land consists of rolling hills and picturesque mountain backdrops. The soil consists mostly of decomposed granite and koffieklip. The original vineyards on the farm consisted mostly of Cape Riesling, but owner Jacques Borman decided to remove it and plant better-suited cultivars like Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Chardonnay. Today Boschkloof is most renowned for their Syrah, especially the single vineyard bottling called Epilogue. It was the first red wine of South Africa to score 98 points by an internationally acclaimed critic.
A true expression of good grape quality and terroir - this wine was made as naturally as possible. On the nose the aromas are mixed herbs, plum and some lovely cigar box flavours. The wine is highly concentrated with a big, but elegant mid-palate and a long finish.
- "This organic Syrah has real style and substance, showing ripe spicy dark berry fruit and leather. Very good wine" - Michael Oliver, South African wine and food commentator.
- 93/100 - (Varietal Syrah Category) South Africa Wine Index.
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review
- Food match:
Rich spicy food goes beautifully with the leather and spice of the wine.
- Food recipe: