Au Bon Climat Pinot Gris Pinot Blanc, Santa Maria Valley
- Pinot Gris(Pinot Grigio),Pinot Blanc
- Citrus and a flinty minerality combine with leesy complexity on the palate
- Alcohol %:
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Au Bon Climat
- Other Info:
- Founded in 1982, Au Bon Climat (which means "a well-exposed vineyard") produces internationally-recognized Pinot Noir & Chardonnay from grapes grown in California's Santa Barbara County. Located at the foot of one of California's most rated vineyards, Bien Nacido in the Santa Maria Valley, one of the finest sites in California, ideal for the production of the refined, Burgundian style of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir to which Jim so aspires, ABC, as it is more commonly referred to, has won universal acclaim for its wines thanks to Jim 'Wild Boy' Clendenen, its winemaker and owner. He regards Burgundy as the benchmark to which he should aspire and buys clones of Pinot Noir from Burgundy in a bid to replicate as closely as possible the restraint and finesse of the wines from that region. his wines combine the minerally precision and grace of Burgundy with the flair of the West Coast.
A lemon and lime scented nose, with flinty minerality and a crisp, brisk acidity. This lightness is contrasted with a fuller, more textured palate from lees ageing. Balanced and restrained - great elegance and grace.
- "The wine was first blended to showcase the energy of early picked Pinot Gris combined with the minerality and texture of Pinot Blanc. A fresh picked white that shows careful and precise winemaking - excellent". Jamie Goode
- Jim Clendenen - Winemaker of the Year Award
Pinot Noir and Chardonnay Symposium in Santa Maria, California.
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review
- Food match:
Light red meats, charcuterie and strongly flavoured smoked fish.
- Food recipe: