Altolandon 'Mil Historias' Bobal
- This excellent Bobal shows distinctive power, vibrant fruit, freshness, spice and a juicy well rounded palate.
- Castilla-La Mancha / Castilla Y Leon / Cadiz
- Alcohol %:
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Organic/Bio Status:
- Organic & Bio-Dynamic
- Other Info:
- This well crafted wine is produced by Manolo Garrote (who is an agronomist) and his wife Roselia Molina who is the winemaker at Bodegas Altolandon, in the hills well inland from Valencia near Cuenca. They began with 6 hectares in 1999 and now have 120 hectares of vineyard, and a purpose build winery in the centre of the vineyards. The altitude of the vineyards at 1100 metres, benefits the grapes with large diurnal variations, which encourage even ripening and also helps their natural acidity and freshness in this hot, continental climate area of Spain. Bodegas have built a strong reputation and are probably the leading producer in DO Manchuela.
Organic production means a sustainable way of growing grape vines, with care and attention to the soils and environment for the longer term. They do not use any synthetic fertilizers and practice "green pruning" which restricts the yield to around 1.5 kilos per vine, which concentrates the aromas and flavours of the grapes. The grapes are hand-harvested into 12 kilo cases and reach the winery in optimum condition. They are vinified as naturally as possible with native yeasts. The wines are then aged in French oak for 4 months, with some in clay amphora to retain purity, and build complexity. Finally they are bottled and have an eye-catching label which captures the natural and organic production.
A deep cherry colour with violet tints. The nose is intense with aromas of ripe red seasonal fruit (cherries, blackberries, blackcurrant), subtle hints of violets, rosemary and a touch of black pepper. This Bobal shows distinctive power, vibrant fruit, freshness and soft ripe tannin. It is spicy and juicy with a well rounded palate with a fascinating crunchy-fruit freshness. The finish is long with excellent depth.
- "Mil Historias Bobal is a rich and deep red wine. Intense aromas of ripe, black fruit with rosemary herb hints and a touch of black pepper. Made by top winemaker Roselia MolinaIt, it is the latest release from the leading organic producer Bodegas Altolandon, in the hills well inland from Valencia near Cuenca and is a good example of thoughtful, well crafted winemaking that is the mark of all MolinaIt's wines" -
- Commended - Decanter World Wine Awards.
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review
- Food match:
Best with richly flavoured meat. Roasts, Spicy Sausages like Chorizo and Strong Cheeses.
- Food recipe: