Albert Bichot Viré-Clessé
- The nose reveals a touch of lemon, mango and subtle floral rose aromas.
- Côte Mâconnais & Côte Chalonnais
- Alcohol %:
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Maison Albert Bichot
- Other Info:
- To bring out the best in this appellation, Bichot vinify this wine in oak barrels (20%) and in temperature-controlled stainless steel vats (80%). The vinification in vats preserves freshness and the fruity and floral characteristics of the chardonnay, whereas the vinification in oak barrels provides aromatic structure, depending on the origin, age and toasting of the barrel they choose. Finding this delicate balance is a difficult art of which the experience of Albert Bichot winery has made a strength. Achieved with selected or indigenous yeasts but not aromatic, alcoholic fermentation lasts from 5 to 6 weeks.
Bichot practise sustainable viticulture, based on observation, prevention and paying attention to the complex balances found in nature. The soil is maintained responsibly, it is judiciously ploughed and fertilized using organic matter. They also encourage manual labour that boosts the plants' natural defenses
Beautiful pale yellow robe with straw-yellow reflections. With a dominance of fine and intense fruit, the nose reveals a touch of lemon, mango and subtle rosy floral aromas. The mouth has well-balanced structure and beautiful minerality which gives way to a certain light sweetness during the finish which brings pleasant persistence.
- 'Here is a creamy, opulent white, featuring peach, butterscotch and quinine aromas and flavours. A hint of rosewater and spice as it winds down on the moderately long finish.' - Wine Spectator
'The nose on this wine is shy and subtle. The palate comes in with easy but balanced flow, speaking of
Mirabelle, a certain creaminess, subtle mouthfeel and lovely freshness considering the ripeness of
2018. It's a gentle wine with inherent balance. 90 points' - Anne Krebiehl MW from Wine Enthusiast
- Red winemaker of the year, International Wine Challenge
Top 100 Wineries in the World, Wine & Spirits Magazine
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review
- Food match:
Very good match for fine fish - especially freshwater fish - frog's legs and dry goat's cheese. Also excellent with monkfish in cream, trout on a bed of asparagus, creamed chicken or scallops with shallots in white wine sauce.
- Food recipe: