Vinas del Vero Cabernet Merlot, Somontano
- Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon
- Crisp and crunchy styled wine with plum and cherry fruit.
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Other Info:
- Viñas del Vero owes its name to a river of the Somontano district, at the foot of the Pyrenees, famed for its gullies, canyons and ravines. The company Viñas del Vero, S.A. was set up in Somontano at the end of 1986 following the acquisition of 550 hectares of land in Barbastro and other nearby villages. In 1987 work began to replant the land with vines of the traditional regional varieties (Tempranillo, Moristel, Garnacha and Macabeo), along with those from other sources (Chardonnay, Gewürztraminer, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Pinot Noir). Viñas de Vero is now the leading winery of the Somontano region in terms of the volume and quality of its output. The company owns 700 hectares of vineyards, and produces 5 million bottles per year.Its wines can be found in more than 40 countries It is one of Spain's most state of the art wineries in terms of both worldwide technology and the style of wines it produces. While not certified, Vinas del Vero practice organic viticulture.
Crisp and crunchy styled wine plummy Merlot and a touch of greenleaf from the Cabernet. The wine shows reasonable complexity and has a medium long finish.
- "Vinas del Vero wines have a silky, velvety complexity, elegant notes, and delicate cool climate palates often with a slightly spicy touch - definitely a winery to look out for."
Wines of Spain
- The Viñas del Vero wines have obtained historic results in the Peñín Guide (the Peñín Guide is one of the most internationally acclaimed Spanish wine publications). Twelve wines from this Somontano winery were awarded 90 points or more in prestigious guide. Likewise, the Peñín Tasting Committee, made up of four wine experts, has recognised, with 92 points, the uniqueness of the Vinas del Vero Merlot Tempranillo Rosado.
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review
- Food match:
Grilled meat dishes and lamb chops match perfectly with this rich and intense wine.
- Food recipe: