Taittinger Prélude Grands Crus NV, Champagne
- Pinot Noir,Pinot Meunier,Chardonnay
- Green and then floral notes of elderflowers and spicy cinnamon.
- Alcohol %:
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Other Info:
- Taittinger is one of the last great Champagne Houses to remain independent and is owned and actively managed by the family named on the label who are guardians of Taittinger's style quality and integrity. The hallmark of their fine Champagnes is the high proportion of Chardonnay used in their winemaking which is key, in the Champagne region, for producing wines of great elegance and finesse. Additionally, with its vineyard ownership of 288 ha (one of the largest in Champagne), Taittinger can guarantee a flawless consistency and quality not only of their NV, but across their whole range.
The brilliant body is pale yellow with silver highlights, a sign of the high proportion of exceptional Chardonnays. The bubbles are fine and form a persistent and delicately creamy ring of foam. The wine is subtle and fresh on the nose. The initial mineral aromas quickly give way to green and then floral notes with the fragrance of elderflowers and spicy cinnamon undertones. The entry onto the palate is clean and lively, dominated by very exceedingly fresh citrus notes. These segue into much fuller, rounder and silkier flavours where white peaches in syrup predominate. The finish is rich, lingering and bursting with flavour.
- 'Pale gold, 'developed' yeasty nose, fine mousse, acidity and balance. Notes of yellow stone fruit, nuts, brioche. Although it never declares its vintage on the label this is always a vintage wine.' - The Buyer
- Silver Award - Champagne and Sparkling Wine World Championships
The Wine Merchant Top 100 Best Sparkling Trophy
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review
- Food match:
Fine white fish should be on the menu for a Champagne as delicate and refined as this. Try Dover Sole with a light beurre blanc.
- Food recipe: