Ridge Lytton Springs Zinfandel, Lytton Estate (Limited Stock)
- Zinfandel,Petite Sirah,Mourvèdre,Carignan
- Blackberry, mineral and vanilla notes. Integrated tannins and long finish.
- Alcohol %:
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Other Info:
- Ridge Vineyards makes wines that compete in terms of quality and desirability with Bordeaux First Growths and Grand Cru White Burgundies. Winemaker Paul Draper has crafted 43 vintages at Ridge and his practical, hands-off approach to winemaking has resulted in an exceptional and highly sought-after range of wines.
Although a vineyard was first planted near the top of Monte Bello Ridge in the Santa Cruz Mountains in 1885, it lay abandoned until four Stanford Research Institute engineers bought it in 1959. Ridge Vineyards was formed in 1962 and Paul Draper was appointed as winemaker in 1969. After stunning the world by their triumph in the 1976 Judgement of Paris tasting, Ridge Vineyards shot to fame and gained cult status almost overnight. Since then, Ridge has concentrated on producing fine Bordeaux blends and Chardonnays from Monte Bello's exalted terroir as well as renowned Zinfandels from the Lytton Springs and Geyserville vineyards in Sonoma County.Ridge practice sustainable viticulture, and are on their way to organic certification. Ridge practice sustainable viticulture, and are on their way to organic certification.
Ripe nose of raspberry, plum and pepper. Blackberry, mineral and vanilla notes dominate the palate. Well integrated tannins typical of this classic vineyard add to the long finish.
- "...this is one of California's most consistent Zins. It has a sumptuous cherry nose. On the palate it is rich and explosive, with zest and drive. Textured and grippy, but shows no sign of being over-extracted. 92 Points" Stephen Brook - Decanter Magazine.
- Bronze Medal - The TEXSOM International Wine Awards.
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review
- Food match:
Lamb, rich stews containing mushrooms. (Zinfandel often has a flavour of mushrooms about it).
- Food recipe: