Quinta de La Rosa Réserve, Douro
- Touriga Nacional,Tempranillo
- Immensely rich, complex and velvety with beautifully integrated minerality
- Douro & Beira
- Alcohol %:
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Other Info:
- The Bergqvist family have been making port since 1815. Quinta de la Rosa was given as a christening present for Claire Feuheerd, Sophia Bergqvists grandmother in 1906. The family port shipping company, Feuheerd, was sold in the 1930s but La Rosa was kept and run by Claire. In 1988 Sophia and her father, Tim, decided to restart the family business and launched Quinta de la Rosa as a top quality port producer onto the market place. Starting in the 1990s, the Bergqvist family were one of the pioneers in taking red table wine production in the Douro region seriously. Quinta de la Rosas wine has won many accolades in the press and is sold in many prestigious restaurants and wine stores around the world. The arrival of winemaker Jorge Moreira in 2002 has further improved the quality of the winemaking at La Rosa and their 55 hectares are now used to produce top notch port and table wine in a ratio of 2:1.
Quinta de la Rosa practice a sustainable agricultural regime being part of ADVID & SATIVA. They don't use genetically modified organisms nor do they use animal products so vegetarians can drink their wines. They recycle where possible and are HACCP & BRC rated.
The premium red made by the Bergqvist family. Deep, rich and powerful, this wine has immense complexity coupled with beautifully integrated minerality and a long aromatic finish. Excellent wine.
- 'A selection made both of grapes in the vineyard and wines in the winery, this rich wine has power and density as well as superb fruits. The well-judged oak aging melds well with the dark fruits and acidity, while the tannins give strength and aging potential. Drink from 2021.' - Wine Enthusiast
- Gold Medal Winner International Wine Challenge 2012. 5 stars Decanter Apr 2012 first place of 226 Douro wines tasted; Gold Medal IWC May 2012; 93 pts Parker 02/2012; 93 pts Wine Enthusiast Dec 2011; 2nd Best Wine of Portugal, Essencia do Vinho, Feb 2012; Premio de Excelencia, Revista dos Vinhos - one of top reds in all Portugal 18 pts Feb 2012; 91 points Spectator Feb 2012. Chosen by Olly Smith as part of his 'Top Great 50 Wines of Portugal' April 2013.
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review
- Food match:
This wine works well with cheese, particularly the portuguese Serra.
- Food recipe: