Gusbourne Brut Réserve, Kent
- Pinot Noir,Pinot Meunier,Chardonnay
- Bright lemon and white stone fruits with aromas of freshly baked bread.
- Alcohol %:
- Vintage & Prestige Cuvée
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Gusbourne Estate
- Other Info:
- Gusbourne Estate sits on the low slopes of the ancient Kentish escarpment at Appledore. The extensive two hundred hectare Estate is on a single site with twenty hectares under vine cultivation with Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier grapes. They are currently planting a further ten hectares of these Champagne clone vines, placing the extent of their plantings amongst the largest vineyards in England.
The nose is filled with bright lemon and white stone fruits with aromas of freshly baked bread, apple pie and toffee apples. The palate is zesty and fresh with a good citrus structure, fleshed out baked apples, pears, nuts and oatmeal.
- 'Based in Appledore, Gusbourne is now firmly established in the premier league of top English wine producers. The style here is always elegant, with, in this case, the pronounced, mouthwatering, typically English acidity honed to a fine line and presented with hints of brioche, lemon and apricot' - David Williams, The Observer's 50 best wines for Christmas 2016
"Pick of the bunch: Sparkling wines from Kent's Gusbourne Estates are winning top awards" The Independent, 14/02/14.
- Gold Award - Champagne and Sparkling Wine World Championships 2018
International Wine & Spirit Competition award for 'English Wine Producer of the Year'
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review
- Food match:
Match this lovely English fizz with another typically British treat - the crab sandwich - for a very civilised afternoon 'tea'.
- Food recipe: