Châteauneuf-du-Pape Blanc, Château de la Gardine
- Bourboulenc,Clairette,Grenache Blanc,Roussanne
- Lively and fine with notes of citrus, thyme and verbena
- Southern Rhône
- Alcohol %:
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Other Info:
- Since purchasing the estate with its original 10 hectares of vines, the Brunel family has managed to grow the vineyards into their current 52 hectare size today. Currently, Chateau de la Gardine is managed by Marie-Odile Brunel. While most estates in Chateauneuf du Pape have vines spread out over the appellation, that is not the case with Chateau de la Gardine as most of their vineyards are next to each other in the north-west section of the appellation. The 52 hectare vineyard of Chateau de la Gardine has a terroir of gravel, loam, limestone and pebble soil. The oldest vines were planted in 1925 and 4 hectares are reserved for the white wine. The wines of Chateau de la Gardine are aged in a combination of small, French oak barrels and foudres.
Lively and fine with notes of citrus, thyme and verbena, this wine is fantastically complex. The initial notes of fruit and herb are layered with liquorice and fennel on the palate.
The cepage is 50% Roussanne, 20% Clairette, 20% Grenache Blanc and 10% Bourboulenc.
- "Traditionally made, yet has definite quality, some aromatics and very clean fruit" - John Livingstone-Learmonth, Rhone Journalist and Author.
- Best White Rhone - Concours General Paris Awards.
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review
- Food match:
Works beautifully with Monkfish in a Saffron sauce
- Food recipe: