Château la Patache, Pomerol
- Bold Merlot fruit, with dark chocolate depth and notes of mocha
- Pomerol & Lalande de Pomerol
- Alcohol %:
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Other Info:
- The small, three hectare vineyard of Chateau La Patache is planted to 70% Merlot and 30% Cabernet Franc.Their terroir is sand, gravel and clay soil and the vines are on average, 25 years of age. Vinification is still carried out in wooden vats and then transferred to stainless steel tanks and finally to old French oak for 18 months.
A plump, bold wine, which exhibits all the rich soft plummy fruit you expect from a truly great Merlot. Depth is contributed by notes of dark chocolate and mocha, and fine grained soft tannins. Drinking beautifully now or hold for 10 years.
- "Very well priced and value for money Pomerol that drinks very well now as you would expect from Pomerol" - Joanna Simon, Wine Journalist.
- The Wine Merchant Top 100
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review
- Food match:
A really impressive wine to serve alongside Beef Wellington.
- Food recipe: