Badine de la Patache, Pomerol
- A wine which exhibits rich soft plummy fruit you expect from a good Merlot dominated Bordeaux.
- Pomerol & Lalande de Pomerol
- Alcohol %:
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Other Info:
- The small, three hectare vineyard of Chateau La Patache is planted to 70% Merlot and 30% Cabernet Franc.Their terroir is sand, gravel and clay soil and the vines are on average, 25 years of age. Vinification is still carried out in wooden vats and then transferred to stainless steel tanks and finally to old French oak for 18 months.
A wine which exhibits rich soft plummy fruit you expect from a good Merlot dominated Bordeaux. Depth is contributed by notes of dark chocolate and mocha, and slight fine grained soft tannins.
- Gold Medal - Concours General Paris
Gold Medal - Mondial Brussels
- 90-91 - James Suckling, Wine Critic
88-90 - Neal Martin, Wine Journalist
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review
- Food match:
Succulent red meat dishes.
- Food recipe: