Ai Galera Poetico, Tejo
- Soft, mellow rounded flavours of red berries. An easy drinking and enjoyable red.
- Alentejo, Algarve, Tejo & Lisboa
- Alcohol %:
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Other Info:
- The previously undervalued Tejo region, lying to the south of Lisbon, is capable of producing wines of enormous value and character - something that is captured by Ai Galera. Inspired by the long, and sometimes extremely colourful history of the region - most notably the life of literati Marchioness Leonor of Távora, Ai Galera's arresting imagery and even more arresting wine quality demands and hollers for your attention. Incredible value, intriguing indigenous varieties and supreme drinkability all add up to wines that thrill.
An intense ruby red colour. Vinous and clean aromas with hints of red berry fruits.This medium bodied wine has sweet red berry fruits, that are round in the mouth. The mellow tannins are well integrated carrying the flavours to a lovely soft finish. Made from Castelão 40%, Trincadeira 40% and Tinta Miúda 20% grapes.
- 'Tejo is one of the world's best places for wine buyers in search of a bargain.
But it takes skill to make good on the potential and turn, in this case, the Castelao, Trincadeira and Tinta Muida fruit into something with real consumer appeal.
Sourced from various sites in the Charneca region with its sandy-clay soils, the varieties are vinified separately and aged without oak. "While mute on the nose, the palate is where it's all happening," the judges said. "Bursting with berry fruit and a welcomingly big finish. Big on value, big on appeal, big but no brute."' - The Wine Merchant Top 100 2018
- Named in The Wine Merchant Top 100 2018
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review
- Food match:
This gentle red works well with white meats and soft cheeses.
- Food recipe: