Ai Galera Mistico, Tejo
- Light, bright and breezy - full of fresh citrus and tropical fruit.
- Alentejo, Algarve, Tejo & Lisboa
- Alcohol %:
- Bottle Size:
- Wine Code:
- Other Info:
- The previously undervalued Tejo region in Portugal , lying to the south of Lisbon, is capable of producing wines of enormous value and character - something that is captured by Ai Galera. Inspired by the long, and sometimes extremely colourful history of the region - most notably the life of literati Marchioness Leonor of Távora, Ai Galera's arresting imagery and even more arresting wine quality demands and hollers for your attention. Incredible value, intriguing indigenous varieties and supreme drinkability all add up to wines that thrill.
This wine proves what great value winemaking Portugal is capable of. With its fresh primary notes of citrus and tropical fruits, this wine is a perfect aperitif for a sunny afternoon.
- 'A blend of local varieties verdelho and fernão pires from the Tejo region south of Lisbon, this is just the kind of thing for a picnic or party, a breezy, light tropical-fruit salad of a dry white with an easy-drinking softness of texture and perky acidity.' - David Williams, The Observer, June 2018
'Very few places are capable of matching the bang-for-buck ratio coming out of Portugal's Tejo region.
Take Alliance Wine's Ai Galera brand, for example. Arrestingly packaged with imagery inspired by the history of the region south of Lisbon, it's the wine that inspired the judges (who were, of course, tasting blind).
An unoaked blend of Fernao Pires and a dollop of Verdelho, from vineyards around Leziria and Charneca planted on sandy-loam and sandy-clay soils, it has "an expressive nose, good acidity and texture and good fruit quality of lemon, pear and melon," the judges said. "Good price point, a point of interest and a great introduction to Tejo wines." - The Wine Merchant Top 100 2018
- Named in The Wine Merchant Top 100 2018
Named in The Observer's 20 Best Wines for Summer 2018
There are no currently no reviews for this product.
You must be registered and logged in as a customer to add a review
- Food match:
Lovely as an aperitif, or with salads or grilled fish
- Food recipe: