A former wine trading company, the firm was established in 1836 by James Demontry who at that time owned a vineyard in Chambolle-Musigny in Burgundy. In the 1900s, Edmond Briottet started running the firm set up by Demontry. His father-in-law Jules Theuriet, who had premises at 12 Rue Berlier in Dijon - who was also a wine trader - sold Briottet his company. The two businesses became one. Given the growing popularity of the ""white wine-cassis"" aperitif, Edmond Briottet little by little stopped operating as a wine trader and instead switched over gradually to producing Dijon Crème de Cassis and started concentrating on the latter. The last four concrete vats dating back to the 1920s were dismantled and replaced with made-to-measure stainless steel vats.
A huge range of Cremes and Liqueurs of every imaginable flavour.